Over the past 28 years, I have been working with law firms and solo practitioners who need outside trial counsel for their New York personal injury cases. Most of the attorneys I have worked with are relieved to find an experienced, knowledgeable, ethical, dedicated trial attorney who not only puts his clients’ interests first, but does likewise for them and their clients.
Many of the firms I have worked with fit into one of the following categories:
- A firm that does not practice personal injury law.
- A firm that has an overload of personal injury cases and cannot satisfactorily handle all of them simultaneously.
- A firm that needs to focus on local personal injury cases, not cases where the trial will take place 100 or more miles away.
- A firm that needs to quickly and successfully settle several personal injury cases at the same time.
- A firm that needs to quickly take several personal injury cases to mediation or arbitration.
- A firm that wishes to take a portfolio approach to a number of its current personal injury cases.
- A firm that wishes to protect and maintain its relationship with its existing clients while outsourcing their personal injury work.
- A firm that is bogged down with the business of law to the extent that it is difficult for you to actually practice law.
Here is an example of how I was able to help one firm
A 19-year-old male attended a summer party held in the back yard of the home of his friend’s parents. The festivities included a large above-ground swimming pool where he and other guests could swim and play water games. As often happens with teenage parties, however, some uninvited guests showed up, having heard about the party via their cellphones. One such “guest” became angry when his cellphone got splashed with water. He picked up a nearby glass ashtray and threw it at the pool. At precisely that moment, the teenager came up out of the pool, shaking his head to get water out of his eyes and hair. The corner of the ashtray struck him right below his left eye, leaving a one-inch gash that required 10-20 stitches in the emergency room. Luckily, the injury did not cause nerve damage, but the teenager was left with a permanent facial scar.
His parents called their family attorney to see about suing the party host and his parents for personal injury under their home-owners policy. Unfortunately for them, their attorney did not practice personal injury law. He did, however, know me and referred his clients to DubiLaw as a law firm they could trust and feel confident working with.
Based on my experience in this particular New York county, I determined that the value of the young man’s injury might be as low as $30,000-$35,000 since he was a white male left with “only” a one-inch facial scar and no nerve damage. I took the case to mediation and obtained a $250,000 settlement.
I am licensed to practice in all New York state and federal courts and have obtained favorable personal injury verdicts throughout the state, including in the following counties in and around New York City:
- Staten Island
I prepare for every personal injury case as though going to trial were inevitable. Consequently, the majority of my cases, including those I handle for fellow attorneys, never go to trial. Instead, defendants’ attorneys and/or insurance companies are eager to cooperate and negotiate in mediation, arbitration, or private settlement discussions.
If you need outside counsel to help you serve your clients better, please call me toll-free at 833-FOR-DUBI (833-367-3824). I will be happy to talk with you and explain in further detail how I can be of service to you and your clients.